Who we are
Capital First Ltd (NSE: CAPF) is a leading Financial Institution in India focused on providing debt financing to MSMEs and Indian consumers. Capital First was founded in its current from in 2012 by Mr. V. Vaidyanathan by securing an equity backing of Rs. 8.10 bn from global Private Equity player Warburg Pincus, by way of buyout of an existing listed NBFC, and in the process the company got new shareholders, reconstituted a new board, started new business lines, and created a new brand and entity called Capital First. The founding theme of Capital First is that financing India’s 50 million MSMEs and its emerging middle class, with a differentiated model, based on new technologies provides a large and unique opportunity.
Unlike traditional models of financing, Capital First has successfully created new models of financing MSMEs and Indian consumers in hitherto unbanked and under-penetrated segments by using a differentiated model based on new technologies and deep analytics. The company provides financing for various purposes like business expansion, loans for Plant and Machinery, Office furniture, display panels, office automation like PCs, laptops and printers. With this differentiated approach, Capital First has financed over 2.25 million customers including more than 1.5 million self-employed individuals and MSMEs and built loan assets of Rs. 160.41 billion (USD 2.4 bn) (March 31st, 2016).
Within a short time, Capital First has built a large network and provides financing in 222 locations across the length and breadth of the country. The loan book of the company is of high quality as compared to the industry, with Gross and Net NPA 1.07% and 0.55% respectively. The company enjoys a high credit rating of AA+ which has been achieved by very select financial institutions in India. Capital First is focused on building an institution on strong pillars of ethics, values and high corporate governance.
To be a leading financial services provider- admired and respected for high corporate governance, ethics and values.
To primarily support the growth of MSMEs in India with debt capital through technology enabled platforms and processes.
To finance the aspirations of the Indian Consumers using new-age analytics and technology solutions.
- We respect the fact that our investors have entrusted us with their capital, our partners with their faith, our customers with their confidence and our employees with their aspirations. We will measure our success by the success of our stakeholders and will work diligently to ensure that we fulfill our fiduciary responsibility.
- We firmly believe that the difference between a good business and a great organisation is the integrity of its people. We will conduct ourselves ethically and transparently in all our dealings, both internal and external.
- We will maintain an environment which fosters creativity and encourages innovation. We believe that this will enable us to attract, retain and nurture the best talent and develop the business and thought leaders of tomorrow.
- Mutual Respect
- We will build an organization which has a positive mindset. By conducting every interaction with respect and consideration, we will create a self-reinforcing culture of success.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to contribute to the environment in which we operate. By investing in our community, we will not only improve our surroundings today, but also provide better opportunities for future generations.
Capital First Ltd. Board Members