Why CFL Scholars Program?
In line with our company logo (tagline) "Keep Aspiring", Capital First Limited, through its Corporate
Social Responsibility (CSR) program is providing financial assistance to meritorious students from the
economically weaker sections of the society so that they can afford admissions into reputed
institutions who offer an MBA degree or its equivalent. In this regard, we will be giving away
scholarships to deserving students under the Capital First Scholarship Program.
We have a vision of empowering individuals to fulfil their dream of education by enabling academic
institutions to create a financially inclusive ecosystem. We believe that individuals will benefit even
beyond completion of their education, they will have options of greatly enhancing the economic and
social status of themselves, their families and be an inspiration to others in their position.
What is the 'CFL Scholars' program and who can apply?
CFL scholars program is the CSR initiative by Capital First Limited- which provides scholarship of INR
1 lakh p.a to meritorious students who belong to financially challenged backgrounds and want to
pursue an MBA program or its equivalent.
For the current year, CFL will be supporting 100 meritorious students who will begin their MBA
program in the academic year 2017-18.
The financial eligibility criterion for the CFL Scholars program is-
- The candidate's family income should be less than INR 6 lakhs p.a*.
How do I apply?
If a candidate meets the eligibility criteria, then she/he can create an account on our portal and
complete the formalities required for the application online.
Candidates need to create an account by providing their username and registered email address.
Post the registration process, candidates are required to provide their personal details, academic
records and upload necessary documents.
We would advise the candidates to save the changes during the application process to avoid any loss
Applications will be reviewed by Capital First Limited
and the final intimation will be sent through mail on the candidate's registered email address or can
be viewed on the portal as well.
For any difficulty in the application process, candidates can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian Nationals only.
- The Candidatesapplying for the scholarship under this program should be pursuing MBA and/ or would be applying for MBA during the academic year 2017-18.
- The amount of Scholarship that will be provided under this program will be a maximum of Rs.1 Lakh per student, per academic year and the scholarship amount will be only towards tuition fees and books.
- The Gross annual family income, i.e. income of the parents/guardians from all sources should not be more than Rs.6 Lacs per annum. Students having the lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- Candidates will be required to upload documents, e.g. Income Tax Returns of their parents/guardian(s) or in the alternative, Bank Statements of parents/guardian(s).
- The final acceptance of the proposed candidates shall be on the basis of internal due diligence and checks done by the CFLSelection Panel and will be at all times subject to its management decision.
- The final disbursement of Scholarship amount to the applicant's college/university shall be on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant. Receipt of the balance amount paid towards fees out of the Scholarship disbursed, shall be produced to CFL immediately on payment thus being made. Further, these fee receipts shall be retained with the beneficiaries and submitted alongwith other documents for availing the Scholarship for the consecutive academic year, as the case may be.
- The candidates who are selected for the Scholarship will be intimated by CFL via email.
- CFL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to reject or disqualify any application; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the scholarship, as appropriate.
- The Scholarship Application is open to only those desirous candidates who have all the requisite certificates and marksheets at the time of making the Application. No provisional Application will be entertained on any undertaking to the effect or otherwise that certificates and/or required documents will be furnished at a later stage.
- The Scholarship shall be credited to the bank account held by the Universitymaintained at the place of study in favour of whoever is named for the purposeby such University. The Scholarship shall only be transferred electronically through the banks.
- CFL reserves the right, to use the photograph /profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use;and/or disclosures; and/or for communication purposes with CFL's stakeholders as this initiative is under the Corporate Social Responsibility of CFL; and/or for submissions before various authorities and interested parties from time to time for reporting progress thereof; and/or for use in Corporate brochures, websites, archives and other material publicity, if any in relation to CSR activities.
- As there shall be only 100 beneficiaries granted the Scholarshipunder this program, CFLreserves the right to stop the application process post achieving the final number of scholarships to be granted in a particular year, hence there will be no due date for closing applications.
- The students who receive the Scholarship should be regular in attendance and excel in performance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University as also abide by the rules and regulations of such Institute.Intimation to the University of the availed Scholarship is mandatory and shall be accompanied by a request made by the Beneficiary to the University for reporting the progress of the beneficiary/student to CFL.The Beneficiary shall complete this documentation and furnish a copy to CFL before disbursement of the Scholarship.
- In case of selection for the award of scholarship under this program, the awardees should not be the recipients of any other scholarships, from any other sources Ė Government, Corporate Private Bodies, Trusts, etc.
- 16. The Scholarship shall be cancelled/ discontinued forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned department of CFLif;
(a) A student is found to have obtained a Scholarship by false statement/certificates.
(b) A student violates any of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
(c) A student does not attend classes of the course or is found to be in violation of the Institutesí Rules and Regulations.
(d) Fails to obtain and maintain minimum performance/passing standard as required by the University Authorities and/or affiliates.
(e) Any misconduct on the part of the beneficiary, decision whereof will be at the sole discretion of the Selection Panel of CFL.
- This Scheme and Scholarship shall be evaluated at regular intervals by CFLand terms and conditions thereof may be modified, withdrawn or cancelled without prior notice to the Applicants at the discretion of the Selection Panel of CFL.
- CFL reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status and other criteria.
- 19. This is a beneficiary scheme as part of the Corporate Social Responsibility of CFL and is not as a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise. Candidates shall not have the right to raise any disputes regarding the Scholarship with CFL and shall have no right to claim any amounts or initiate any proceedings against CFL in respect thereof.